Welp, I’ve been waiting MONTHS for this moment and I can’t believe its finally here! Friends, our kitchen remodel is finally done and we have a drop dead gorgeous kitchen. (Can you hear the angels singing?) I think most of you have been watching this whole remodel process unfold on my instagram stories and I’m just so glad that it’s done and I don’t have to keep updating you on what the heck has been happening because *it’s done*! Scroll to see all the before and after photos, but probably more importantly all the resource links at the bottom of the post. Hallelujah!
We were originally going to use Ikea cabinets, but after going back and forth on what we were willing and not willing to do, we opted for a local cabinet maker who made all our cabinets custom and I’m so glad we did! They turned out better than we could have hoped and everything fits perfectly. The custom range hood came out better than I could have hoped and I just LOVE the finished product. We would 100% recommend Mike’s Custom Cabinets (in a small town called Cornelius) here in Oregon.
Our cabinets that are around the edges of the kitchen are white, but the island cabinet color is called “Slate Tile” by Shermin Williams. It’s so pretty and I love the color we chose.
Our cabinet pulls are from Pottery Barn, from the Mercer Line.
- Blue Island Paint Color: Shermin Williams Slate Tile
- Drawer Handles: Mercer Bin Pulls in Matte Black by Pottery Barn
- Cabinet Pulls: Mercer Cabinet Knobs in 1 1/4″ in Matte Black by Pottery Barn
I partnered with ZLINE to give us our gorgeous range, hood insert, microwave drawer, dishwasher, sink and faucet. We bought our Pro Series Frigidaire column fridge and column freezer outright from a local appliance vendor, but they are available across the country.
Since our appliances were installed about 6 weeks before the kitchen was considered ‘complete’, I’ve had lots of time to test everything again and again and I am loving everything I chose. The fridge is great and SO big (I really do love all the space!) and the range is simple but works beautifully and looks stunning.
- 33″ Fridge and Freezer columns by Frigidaire-these are two separate appliances that get put together. Yes, it’s 66 big and dreamy inches all together!
- 36″ ZLINE 6 Burner Dual Fuel Gas Range– this thing is a beauty! Plus the focal point of our entire kitchen. Show stopper!
- 34″ ZLINE Hood Insert– I never knew I could love a hood insert more than this! I’ve never had one before, but I love that it looks super custom on the outside, but so simple (and functional) on the inside.
- 24″ ZLINE Stainless Steel Dishwasher– simple and gets the job done. A pretty basic dishwasher with not a lot of bells and whistles, but it’s been great so far!
- ZLINE undermount stainless steel sink– I love the depth of this one-basin sink, but also that it comes with a utility rack that holds dishes about an inch above the bottom of the sink. It’s a really smart design.
- ZLINE Dali Pull Down Kitchen Faucet– I love this thing! I love how it looks, I love how functional it is and it stays shiny!
- 24″ ZLINE Built-In Microwave Drawer– omg, this is the best thing ever. I love having a microwave that is low enough to clean easily, but that has a lock button that keeps it closed so my toddler won’t break it. Smartest thing ever.
I have gotten SO MANY QUESTIONS about where I bought the floating shelves between the hood and the counter cabinet! Believe it or not, Gordon built those! We had some leftover butcher block in our garage that he cut to size and then used these brackets (from Amazon) to mount them to the wall. You just have to drill two or three holes in the back of the wood, depending on how many brackets you’re using and match it up to the back of the wood. It was a relatively quick process and they turned out so well!
We had can lights in our kitchen before the remodel started (which we have completely kept!) But we did switch out our old island lighting for these larger black lights from Home Depot. I had been going back and forth on a few different shapes of light fixtures, but when I saw these, they were perfect. The black lights over the natural wood shelves are actually meant for bathroom vanities, but clearly I didn’t care. I loved the shape, size and the style of them, and once they arrived I DIED when I pulled them out of the box.
- Vega LED Bath Bar Light– Wall Mounted Lights over the shelves; we got the small size which is 23″ in length.
- Black Metal Pendant Lights– a pretty great price for large lights like these.
I ended up purchasing Luxury Plank Vinyl Flooring from Cali Floors in color Seaboard Oak. We put this not just in the kitchen but across the entire first floor and I’m so glad we did! While at first it seems like it was too dark, it has since grown on me and I’ve certainly come around to them. The look and feel is phenomenal and I’m converted to plank vinyl. This stuff is legit.
I painted the kitchen two different colors: Sea Salt by Shermin Williams (the walls above the shelves) and Fleur de Sel by Shermin Williams (the color in the rest of the kitchen and whole bottom floor). They are both cooler tones that work well with everything we remodeled.