• 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (14 tablespoons, 198g) butter, at room temperature, at least 65°F
• 3/8 cup (85g) cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1 1/2 cups (298g) sugar
• 1 3/4 cups (206g) Self-rising Flour
• 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon Lemon rind
• 5 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1/4 cup (57g) fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup (99g) Granulated sugar
• To make the cake: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease two 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pans or one tube or bundt-style pan.
• In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add the sugar, flour, and beat for 5 minutes; the batter will be stiff.
• Add the vanilla and lemon juice, rind, and 1 egg. Beat well. Continue to add the eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl after each addition. When done, the batter will be very fluffy. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan(s).
• Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes (for the tube or bundt-style pans) or 35 to 40 minutes (for the two loaf pans), or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
• To make the glaze: Just before the cake is done, combine the lemon juice and sugar and heat over low heat until the sugar is dissolved; don’t let the mixture boil.
• Remove the cake from the oven; allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Turn it out onto a rack or serving platter.
• Poke the top of the cake all over with a cake tester or toothpick, and gradually drizzle the glaze over it, pausing occasionally to let it sink in. Allow the cake to cool for several hours before serving