Bisquick Muffins – tender fluffy muffins made with Bisquick. You can mix in blueberries, chocolate chips, nuts, or anything you would like and they are ready in no time!
Did you know you could make muffins with Bisquick mix? Such a versatile mix that makes more than just pancakes and waffles. Plus with these muffins you can mix-in just about anything to make them different every time!
I recently made Bisquick Cookies too, so if you have any leftover mix, they are so darn easy you will love them!
These are a super simple muffin recipe with just 6 ingredients. Use the Bisquick mix just makes them a little faster and easier than traditional Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are fluffy and tender muffins, and super versatile to add your favorite fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, lemon, cinnamon sugar or other flavors that you like.
I mixed in chocolate chips today, because that is our favorite. but you really just need 3/4 cup of whatever you want to mix in. Blueberries work really well, so do raspberries, strawberries, or even blackberries.
What You’ll Need
- Bisquick Mix
- Granulated Sugar
- Melted Butter
- Chocolate Chips or other mix-in
How To Make Bisquick Muffins
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- In a bowl whisk together the Bisquick mix, sugar, and chocolate chips. Coating the chocolate chips in the flour helps them spread out during baking and not just sink to the bottom.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup measure out the milk. Add the egg and whisk to combine.
- Pour the milk mixture and melted butter into the bisquick mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean the the muffins are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Can I Make Mini Bisquick Muffins
Absolutely! This recipe makes 9 full size muffins. But you can use a mini muffin pan and make closer to 24 mini muffins. It will slightly depend on how much you fill them. If you are making mini muffins, I suggest you use mini chocolate chips as well, so you can actually get chocolate chips in each muffin.
You want to store muffins in an airtight container. They will last at room temperature for 4-5 days. It is best to freeze leftover muffins. I like to place in a freezer safe plastic bag and they will last in the freezer for 4-5 months. You can take them out to thaw on the counter, or microwave for approximately 40 seconds per muffin for a quick breakfast.
Muffin Recipe Tips
- Muffin liners are completely optional, and most time unnecessary. Unless you are making something like Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins or Gingerbread Cheesecake Muffins I find that they are just a waste. You can use a non-stick spray and the muffins come put perfectly with no waste.
- Be careful not to overmix. Part of the reason you beat the egg with the milk before adding it, is so you don’t overmix the batter. As soon as all the flour is blended, you are done. The more you mix, the more you develop the gluten in the flour, and the tougher your muffins will be. So for a soft, tender, and fluffy muffin, mix just as much as you need to.
- Keep an eye on your muffins and make sure to not let them get over done. Muffins are done as soon as they spring back when you gently touch the top. You can use a toothpick to test them, and you want to have some crumbs on it, but not any batter. They will continue to cook for a few minutes after you remove them from the oven, so it is best to have them just barely done, so they don’t dry out too much.
- Extra muffins are best stored in the freezer, you can take them out and microwave in seconds for a quick, on-the-go breakfast.
What Can I Use Besides Chocolate Chips
The possibilities are really endless!
- Any other “chip” you like. Dark chocolate, peanut butter, cinnamon etc.
- Fruit – berries of any type work great.
- Nuts – pecan and walnuts or a mix of chocolate and nuts
- Cinnamon – add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the mixture, and then sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar over the top before you put them in the oven.
- Add a filling – fill the muffin cups about 1/2 way, and then add in a spoonful of Nutella, Mixed Berry Jam, or Peanut butter and then top with the rest of the batter.
Tons More Muffin Recipes To Try
- Oreo Muffins
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
- Monkey Bread Muffins
- Pancake Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Banana Nut Muffins
- 2 cups Bisquick Mix
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Grease 9 muffin cups with non-stick spray or use paper liners.
- In a bowl whisk together Bisquick mix, sugar, and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- In a 1 cup liquid measuring cup measure the milk. Add the egg, and beat until well combined.
- Pour the milk mixture and melted butter into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Fill the 9 muffin cups about 2/3rd of the way full. Top each muffin with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until they spring back when you gently touch the top, or a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 28mgSodium 38mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!