Staycation Planning Episode 349
If you are not sure how to plan a staycation, stay tuned – this episode is just for you! We will learn how to plan your staycation and enjoy the time with family and friends.
- Be sure to take the time off.
- Indulge – reading, events, food.
- Make a plan for the day, week-end, or week.
Begin by brainstorming. What are some of the things in your area that you could do with the kids and maybe even with just your husband? In our area, these things revolve around water sports. There is boating, Skiing, Jet skiing, parasailing, fishing, SCUBA diving, and more. We have a shell museum, actually two – we have a hands-on museum for kids and a small zoo nearby.
There are sporting events such as baseball. We have two indoor ice-skating rings and an island nearby. There are also many outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, outdoor concerts at the local mall, and more. There are art events, theatre, and music festivals. Once you have a list of ideas, narrow it down to the top ten.
Which of these top ten ideas is feasible? Now it is time to make a plan.
Five Things To Think About In Staycation Planning
- What is the amount of money you will spend on these events?
- If you do not have a set budget, think about the max you are willing to spend each day.
Activity or Event or Both
- List your event – be sure to figure in the time.
- Is this free or is there a cost?
- How long will it take to get there?
- Will you pack breakfast/ lunch or eat out?
Planning – Schedule
- What is your time frame?
- Can you take the time off of work?
- Do you plan to go out to eat? If so, where?
- What will you do during the day – the more planned out the better your vacation will go even if the schedule deviates.
- Try something new.
- Enjoy an appetizer/ or dessert or both
- Go to restaurants that are family-owned and not chains.
- Think of conversations you can have with your family.
- Take your time – there is no hurry! You are on vacation.
- Relax! Make a decision you will enjoy yourself (think about how much money you are saving!)
- Enjoy each other.
- No drama – set boundaries for fighting, etc.
- Make time to see the little things you would normally overlook.
- No work. This is a vacation, so be sure to leave your work behind temporarily.
- No electronics during the outing.
- OR – your kids can enjoy unlimited electronics if you decide this is their vacation!
- Relaxed dress – unless you are going somewhere that requires fancy clothing.
- Enjoy the events – look at the little things and enjoy!
- Praise God each day, and what are you thankful for?
Don’t Miss These Episodes from Vintage Homeschool Moms
Last Minute DIY Tips
Money-Saving Field Trips
All About Teaching
Raising Spiritually Strong Kids
Six Homeschooling Insider Tips
Best Staycations for Kids
Avoid Curriculum Pitfalls
Top 10 Parenting Secrets
45 Family Date Night Ideas
VHM-349-Plannning-A-Vacation-At-Home.mp3 (18:14, 28MB)