The joy of homeschooling may not be obvious to many, however in her time as a homeschool mom, clocking in at thirty-two years, and she is not out of ideas…yet. Join Felice Gerwitz for a special episode to celebrate her four-hundredth episode on the Joy of Homeschooling. Meredith Curtis shares along with Felice that homeschooling can be a joyful process.
Thanks to our sponsor Media Angels and the Media Angels Membership website with affordable curriculum for the entire family, award-winning books and our Middle and High school level History classes.
We use our home as a safe zone for our children and as parents, we at times forget the most important element and that is finding joy in all we do. I recently read an article that was negative about homeschooling in that it used some of the classic “stereotypical” reasons people homeschool such as family values and faith. The article gleefully announced that those things were something like numbers three and seven on the list. Well, that means my guest and I are stereotypical. Either way, we hope you enjoy this episode.
The Joy of Homeschooling ~ Topics we discussed:
- Loving and serving the Lord. Homeschooling was the perfect vehicle to help us to do this.
- Mike and Meredith wanted to homeschool faith and impart. The closeness of family.
- Homeschooling is a training ground in relationships within the family.
- Unity as a family is a blessing.
- Reading – God-centered novels
- Historical novels – after dinner was a time to read
- After being close to God and a close family, academics are important and good books. Series of books!
- Academics of homeschooling
- Trips and activities as a family. Taking Day trips — Williamsburg, Washington DC, St. Augustine. European Vacations – with the children.
- The legacy and seeds we’ve sown gain fruit.
What is the end of the story? Homeschooling works and the joy of homeschooling is possible!
VHM-400-TheJoysOfHomeschoolLIfe.mp3 (31:27, 39MB)